Meg mentions a few details about her introductory episode at the beginning of this episode 1 then she presents her very first STaR coach guest, Cynthia Loy Darst.
Cynthia is a life coach for TV shows and was once named as “One of the Top 10 Most Influential Coaches in the U.S.” She had served as President of the Association of Coach Organizations (ACTO) in 2012-2013. She is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach and a Certified Relationship & Systems Coach. She is also recognized as a Master Certified Coach from the International Coach Federation and a Board Certified Coach from CCE. She was instrumental in founding the International Coach Federation in 1995 and was the first Ethics Chair of the Professional & Personal Coaches Association. This later merged with the International Coach Federation (ICF).
Cynthia began her coaching career in 1992 and founded The Inspiration Point in 1997. She and her husband, David Darst, are both faculty members of The Coaches Training Institute (CTI) and The Center for Right Relationship (CRR). Based in Los Angeles, Cynthia maintains a full roster of private clients, including corporate executives, entrepreneurs, writers and people in the entertainment industry. Cynthia is a dynamic speaker and trainer, her energy and enthusiasm are contagious:
- Cynthia’s road to success
- Her tips for new coaches
- How she uses metaphors as a tool for coaching
- Cynthia also uses storytelling as another coaching tool
- How to begin a coaching business/practice
- Metaphor is a symbol that captures or represents qualities of the clients of the journey he is taking and decisions he is making
- Reasons for failure of coaching business
- What coaching clients want
- Clients read their coaches