Her guest is Sara C. Smith, MCC, CPCC who co-founded Smith Leadership with her husband Paul. She and her husband are both seasoned coaches with business expertise and unique abilities to inspire their clients and client organizations. Sara’s broad range of experience began at IBM where she worked for 30 years. She was in company sales, then moved into sales management, and then into coaching and consulting. Sara is currently on the ballot for the ICF Global Board.
- She is a Master Certified Coach (MCC) through the International Coach Federation
- She received her Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) certification from Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- How Sara became an executive coach, consultant and professional change agent at IBM
- Her role in the IBM transformation from hardware sales to a premier services company
- She began to coach executives in the organization and began to measure the results
- The coaching culture at IBM put the development on the shoulder of the employees themselves. Find out how that worked out.
- The art of using data to get a company to invest in coaching
- Her training on emotional intelligence and executive coaching at the Center for Right Relationships
- Sarah’s recommendation for success in the coaching business
- She suggests: If you leave the corporate world – transfer your black book from corporate to your personal black book.