Cynthia Loy Darst is known as a passionate pioneer in the coaching industry. She is playful and inspiring, working with all kinds of people to move them past limitations and into action and goal fulfillment. She became a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach in 1995 and was one of the first to receive the designation of Master Certified Coach from the International Coach Federation. She has also been named one of the “Top Ten Most Influential Coaches in the US.” She is the author of the book, Meet Your Inside Team: How To Turn Internal Conflict into Clarity and Move Forward With Your Life.
Based in Los Angeles, Cynthia is a powerful speaker and a coach who maintains a full roster of private clients, including corporate executives, enterpreneurs, creative types, people in transition, and other coaches. She and her husband, David, also a coach, are partners in their companies, The Inspiration Point and Team Darst. They work with individuals, teams, couples, partnerships, and organizational systems.
- How Cynthia met her inside team, finding the connection between her acting background and coaching
- How she developed coach training and brought it into a book that even a non-coach could use
- The challenge of your “inside team:” how to know who they are and who’s doing the talking (Don’t be overwhelmed by the voices!)
- The value of “slowing it down” and understanding what the voices are saying
- The different players in our drama and how we see the dynamic
- Cynthia’s experiences with coaches who identify the inside team
- Seeing the results: what clients can do when they meet their inside team
- Hearing the voices and creating a workable alliance
- The inside team is unique in the “coach approach,” coming from a stance that every client is naturally creative, resourceful, and whole
- Offering a path of empowerment to clients, but having them do the work
- How Cynthia’s book is used as a resource for the client and the coach
- How the book is laid out, with chapters and exercises
Cynthia’s book: Meet Your Inside Team: How To Turn Internal Conflict into Clarity and Move Forward With Your Life by Cynthia Loy Darst, MCC