In this final show of 2019, it’s the perfect time to think about how you want to show up in the new year. Today’s show is about your calling to make a difference in the way you show up with your family, friends, business, and in the world.
Rick Tamlyn inspires people to be their best. His compelling purpose is to encourage and assist others in reaching the end of their life and looking back on a great life rather than wishing they had done more. Rick is here to share his creation, The Bigger Game. In 2001, Rick co-created this tool that inspires people from all walks of life to get out of their comfort zones and invent the lives they want. Rick is the author of Play Your Bigger Game: 9 Minutes to Learn, A Lifetime to Live. Rick is a Master Certified Coach, a Certified Professional Proactive Coach through the Coaches Training Institute, where he is an instructor. Rick is doing other exciting work through Produce U, which we might cover in an upcoming episode. In today’s show, we’re looking at what a “bigger game” is and how each one of us finds ourselves with choices to make.
● How the Bigger Game puts us in bigger conversations with a bigger future
● The two conversations that create our lives and define our existence: the conversations in our head and the conversations we have with others
● Why we, as humans, are here to expand life and create
● Within organizations, how the Bigger Game conversation is different than a strategy conversation
● The Bigger Game vs. the bigger goal
● How The Bigger Game was born out of the Coaches Training Institute with the realization that people who are impact-oriented are the most successful
● The Bigger Game Board, which is a new perspective on the metaphor of the tic-tac-toe board
● The 9 elements of The Bigger Game:
○ Hunger–What are you hungry for?
○ Compelling Purpose–What are YOU about?
○ Comfort Zones–Do they serve my Bigger Game, or not?
○ Allies–Who will help me? Who thinks I’m crazy?
○ Investment–What do I need to invest in to make this real?
○ Gulp–This MUST be, and I’m not sure how this will go,
○ Sustainability–Take care of YOU, and figure out how your impact can go on after you,
○ Assess–How’s it going?
○ Bold Action–Without it, you just have nice dreams.
● Produce U, Rick’s latest version of his Bigger Game
● Why the Bigger Game is a conversation guide to design your life, not fix all your problems
Rick’s book: Play Your Bigger Game: 9 Minutes to Learn, a Lifetime to Live (Hay House, Oct. 2013)