2020 has undoubtedly been a year of building resilience in revolutionary ways, which is the focus of today’s show. If you coach anyone with high levels of stress and overwhelm, then today’s show has helpful information for you!
Dr. Gail Gazelle is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, certified mindfulness teacher, and survivor of childhood abuse. Dr. Gazelle knows resilience inside and out, and she’s here to help all of us learn how to build our resilience. As one of the leading physician coaches in the country, she’s coached over 500 physicians and has been featured in media outlets such as Bloomberg Businessweek, Medical Economics, the Physician Leadership Journal, the New England Journal of Medicine, ABC News, and CNN. Her new book is titled Everyday Resilience. What we’re talking about in today’s show applies to anyone who coaches those in high-pressure positions that might be subject to burnout. These clients might need continuous leadership development because they deal with conflict on a regular basis. Join us to learn more from Dr. Gazelle.
● How Dr. Gazelle came to where she is today
● Why physicians might want to partner with a coach to combat burnout, promote leadership development, and better handle conflict management
● How physicians can give themselves permission to seek help from a coach rather than therapy
● Why physicians need help to combat their negative self-view and identify strengths and accomplishments
● How Dr. Gazelle uses the University of Pennsylvania’s Values and Actions Survey to identify top strengths
● How Dr. Gazelle uses her new book with her coaching clients
● How physicians are given extensive medical training but almost no training to manage their minds
● How to help physicians diagnose their mental patterns
● Helpful exercises that Dr. Gazelle uses with physician clients help them build emotional intelligence, self-compassion, and mindfulness
● Dr. Gazelle’s work as a mentor coach to help coaches broaden their skills in the field of physician coaching
Everyday Resilience: A Practical Guide to Build Inner Strength and Weather Life’s Challenges by Gail Gazelle MD