Today’s show focuses on a very important aspect of life: our habits. Are your habits working FOR you or AGAINST you? Our habits can influence our confidence level, and confidence is essential in the way we engage with others in the coaching profession. Join us to learn more!
Dr. Jon Finn wrote his best-selling book, The Habit Mechanic: Fine-Tune Your Brain and Supercharge How You Live, Work, and Lead because his life’s mission is to help people be their best in the challenging modern world. His book has been proven to change lives! People have called it “a manual for life” and “a toolkit for success.” With over 30 self-improvement tools, it’s like three books in one!
Dr. Jon Finn founded the award-winning Tougher Minds consultancy and has three psychology-related degrees, including a Ph.D. He has worked in performance psychology, resilience, and leadership science for over 20 years. Tougher Minds uses cutting-edge insights from psychology, behavioral science, neuroscience, and world champions to help organizations develop “Habit Mechanics” and “Chief Habit Mechanics” made of resilient people, outstanding leaders, and world-class teams. Having trained and coached over 10,000 people, Dr. Finn and his colleagues work with global businesses, high-growth startups, individuals, elite athletes, coaches and teams, leading educational institutes, families, the UK government, and think tanks.
- How his life’s path led Dr. Finn to the work he does today through a sports career
- What’s missing when we only focus on our knowledge and skills
- Why we should be aware of our habits instead of letting our brain do its mindless thinking
- How our habits impact our confidence, which is made up of two parts: esteem (the belief) and efficacy(the evidence)
- How to use Dr. Finn’s “Igloo of Confidence” model to build more robust confidence
- How the “igloo” helps us do intelligence watching of ourselves by moving from the broad to the specific
- How Dr. Finn’s “KOSY” (Knowledge, Others, Skills, and You) model covers the areas in which we can build confidence
- A reflection exercise from Dr. Finn that you can implement today: Ask, “How well did I DO my best to BE my best in achieving my goals yesterday?”
- What it takes to be a “Habit Mechanic”: more intelligent self-watching and planning
Check out my free resources for you regarding your coaching certification hours: www.STaRcoachshow.com/credential
Find out more about my mentor coaching program: STaR Coach Show: Mentor