In today’s online world, content is everything. You have to produce content to let people know what you do, what you believe in, and what you offer your clients. Creating new content can be very intimidating and exhausting! Repurposing your existing content can make all the difference. Join us to hear more from today’s guest!
Dr. Colin Gray is a podcaster, speaker, and the founder of The Podcast Host and Alitu. The Podcast Host is a huge audio, video, and written resource on how to create a successful show. Alitu is a web app that includes everything you need to make your podcast in the easiest way possible but still maintain full creative control. It includes call recording, automated audio cleanup, adding theme music, and building/hosting for your show. In today’s episode, Colin teaches us about the power of audio, the helpful resources that are available, and his best tips for creating a successful podcast.
- What led Colin on the path to the work he does today
- How the podcasting boom has opened limitless opportunities
- Why audio content has a power all its own as compared to written and video content
- Ways to bring audio content forward apart from doing a long-term podcast
- How to break down your podcast idea into one season about a specific topic for 8-10 episodes—and then repurpose that content into other forms of media
- How today’s technology has made it super easy for anyone to record a podcast
- How resources like Fiverr, Upwork, and Canva can remove barriers that keep someone from podcasting
- Colin’s best tips for identifying your ideal audience and reaching out to them
- How podcasts can be structured in different ways to take away much of the mental load
- How to use transitions from season to season as opportunities to change things up, take a break, hype a re-launch, etc.
- How to create an “engagement stack” to draw people into your content
- Why simplicity is the key when starting a podcast