As Thanksgiving is upon us, I want to take a moment to say that I’m very grateful for all of you. Thank you for listening! In today’s show, my guest shares how we can create new insights and go deeper with our coaching clients. Invoking new awareness is key to the coaching process, and there is something here for each of us to learn. Join us now!
Dr. Patrick Williams is a psychologist, author, speaker, leadership coach, and a true pioneer in the field of Whole Life Coaching. He is the founder of the Institute for Life Coach Training and was honored as one of the inaugural members of the ICF’s Circle of Distinction. Besides being a Master Certified Coach since 1999, Patrick has been busy developing leaders for three decades in his work around the world.
- What lights up Patrick about the coaching work he does today
- What Patrick has seen in the evolution of awareness in the field of coaching
- How coaching helps you find out WHO you are and WHAT you are
- How a coach shows up transparently and authentically with empathy–without making it all about themselves
- Why a coach sometimes has to be a “committed listener”
- How to notice a shift in the client’s energy and listen for metaphors
- What Patrick dislikes about the word “goals”
- Why we have the need to share with other people
- The difference in offering a metaphor vs. evoking a metaphor
- How emotion is literally “energy in motion”
Explore the STaR Coach Member Community!
Email me at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Follow us on Facebook!
Connect with Dr. Patrick
Find his books on Amazon, including his latest, Getting Naked: Ways to Uncover Your Authentic Self at Work, Home, in Relationships, and Life.