Do you need clarity on coaching the person rather than the problem? You’ve chosen the right show to learn more masterful coaching skills from today’s expert guest. Join us!
Dr. Marcia Reynolds is a Master Certified Coach who is the president of Covisioning, a leadership training and coaching firm. She is a former ICF President who is hired by organizations around the world to evoke transformation through conversations. Not only is she the author of Coach the Person, Not the Problem: A Guide to Using Reflective Inquiry, but she also wrote Outsmart Your Brain, Wander Woman, and The Discomfort Zone. Marcia was a previous guest on Episode 40, in which we talked about emotional intelligence, and I’m delighted to welcome her back to the show.
- What is reflective inquiry? (and what it is not)
- Why the offer for reflection is always an invitation to the client
- Marcia’s three tips for coaching the person, not the problem:
- Set the expectation with an agreement.
- Maintain the belief that our clients are whole and resourceful.
- Know when to shift from the situation into coaching the person.
- How to partner with a client for their growth in asking the right questions for transformation
- Why people need to be seen, heard, and valued in order to grow
- Why coaching the person is very different than simply asking lots of questions
- Why the foundation of the power of coaching is giving people the ability to observe their thinking
Connect with Meg
Explore the STaR Coach Community!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you!
Explore past episodes and other resources at www.STaRcoachshow.com.
Marcia’s previous appearance on the STaR Coach Show: Episode 40
Connect with Dr. Marcia Reynolds