There are more different generations in today’s workforce than possibly at any other time in history. Coaches and leaders must understand what each generation brings to the table and the special needs of each one. My guest helps us zoom in on Gen Z in today’s show. Join us to learn more!
Dr. Robert Sullivan has been a university professor for over 20 years and is presently the Dean of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at Dallas Baptist University. His background includes experience in political science, law, and urban planning. In today’s conversation, Dr. Sullivan helps us identify the characteristics of Gen Zers and understand different generations with perspectives of understanding and collaboration. He is the author of What’s the Plan? and hosts The Wonkyfied Podcast.
- Characteristics that make Gen Z unique in today’s world
- How Gen Z experiences and acknowledges mental health issues
- Why “job hopping” is common among Gen Z
- Why Gen Z might be missing out on building communities and making workplace connections
- The pros and cons for Gen Z of being digital natives
- Dr. Sullivan’s tips for working with Zoomers:
- Avoid generational condescension and connect with them.
- Help them have an aptitude adjustment.
- Stress the process of incrementalism.
- Teach them to embrace sacrifice.
- A glimpse into Robert’s book, What’s the Plan? and his podcast, The Wonkyfied Podcast
Only a few spots remain for 2023 sessions! Find out more about mentor coaching with Meg: www.STaRcoachshow.com/mentor/