Mindfulness is a word that is thrown around in coaching and therapy circles, but many people don’t know what it is. Today’s show teaches you what mindfulness is and how to apply it to improve your life. We have practical tips to engage with more mindfulness and step into your autonomy to make beneficial choices that impact your life and business. Join us!
My guest is Dr. Gail Gazelle, a former hospice physician, part-time Harvard Medical School assistant professor, and Master Certified Coach. Her work with physicians and as a mindfulness/meditation teacher merge beautifully in her current role. She joined us previously for Episode 213 where we discussed how physicians can beat burnout and thrive with coaching, but her wisdom also applies to those in non-medical professions. For the past decade, she has coached over 500 physicians and physician leaders. Our discussion centers around the content of her newest book, Mindful MD: 6 Ways Mindfulness Restores Your Autonomy and Cures Healthcare Burnout. Dr. Gazelle’s work has been featured in diverse venues such as the New England Journal of Medicine, CNN, Medical Economics, and O, the Oprah Magazine.
- What is mindfulness?
- How mindfulness trains us to be the captain of our minds–not the captive
- Why coaching is “mindfulness in action”
- How Dr. Gail’s book applies to many aspects of life far beyond the healthcare professions
- Dr. Gail’s 6 Mindfulness Practices:
- Recognize that you are not your thoughts.
- Step out of your mental stories.
- Reduce reactivity.
- Lean into compassion, connection, and purpose.
- Work with what IS–not what ifs
- Cultivate upward spirals.
- How Dr. Gail’s book is structured with chapters, Q & A sections, and practical exercises (download a free chapter!)
Dr. Gail’s books: Mindful MD: 6 Ways Mindfulness Restores Your Autonomy and Cures Healthcare Burnout (Download your free chapter at www.gailgazelle.com/mindfulmd.)
Check out Dr. Gail’s previous appearance on the STaR Coach Show: Episode 213
Mentor coaching is a wonderful way to build skills and confidence! Grab one of the last mentor spots for 2023 now! www.STaRcoachshow.com/mentor/