This is a big topic, so I have brought with me today an expert on the subject of data and coaching. My guest is Ed Rankin, and he’s bringing to you today an optimistic and thorough perspective on the use of technology in coaching. Ed is an expert executive coach who has worked with scores of senior and mid-level executives and successful entrepreneurs. Ed is a widely-recognized expert in organizational systems and effectiveness. His work has been cited in numerous professional journals and business publications. Ed holds a BS degree in Psychology, an MS degree in Labor and Industrial Relations, and an MA and Ph.D. in Human and Organizational Systems. If those credentials don’t convince you Ed knows a thing or two about making technology a tool that works for you, then this interview will!
It’s an information-packed episode! So let’s get started.
- We are living in an age of change and technology. Here’s the impact it is making on your client’s personal information.
- Ed shares why technology has always been an important facet of his career.
- Why The Cloud and Big Data are challenging but empowering at the same time.
- Digitizing information gives us more power over that information.
- We can gain confidence over our assessments because we have such a large body of data.
- Users are becoming more sophisticated, and we as coaches need to evolve along with them.
- Ed’s device for becoming a well-informed coach.
- Technology fills in some of the gaps between the coaching sessions.
- The work of a coach becomes more specific and important with the introduction of technology, rather than more distant.
- Real-time coaching can happen because of the speed of communication.
- Ed’s top ways to increase our knowledge of technology.