Everything about your coaching boils down to methodology, which encompasses the How, What, and Why of your coaching purpose and vision. My guest today is a true pioneer in the coaching industry, and she has dedicated her life to raising visibility around coaching and helping coaches be successful. Join us to hear her wisdom around coaching methodology!
Laura Berman Fortgang’s professional life is anchored by her international reputation as a pioneer and 27-plus-year veteran in the personal coaching field. She is also the best-selling author of five books and a sought-after speaker who has made TV appearances on Oprah and every national morning show. Her TEDx Talk has over 1.7 million views, and her books have been staples in my library and coaching resources for many years. Laura has addressed public and corporate audiences in many parts of the world on topics like reinvention and career satisfaction and change. She has brought coaching to diverse clients ranging from homemakers, celebrities, and Fortune 500 companies to NASA and the Army Corps of Engineers. Laura is best known for her unique career transition “Now What?” methodology and is currently launching her legacy project, The A-List Coach Business Mentoring Program to train coaches to grow their impact and income. Whether you are a brand new coach or a seasoned veteran in the coaching field, you don’t want to miss what Laura has to say!
● Highlights in Laura’s coaching journey and what lights her up about her work today
● Why Laura’s focus is on training and helping coaches be successful in their methodology
●How your methodology communicates to others that you have expertise and bring results
● Why coaches shouldn’t narrow their niche too early in their careers (“Coach as many people as you can!)
● Why a coach should describe their profession in terms of the pain points and needs of the people they serve
● Why the coach’s greatest tool is the power of observation–and how to use this tool
● Why one of Laura’s tenets is “No one should suffer to make a living,” which is based on what she saw in her father’s careerc, according to Donna, can be transformative.
● Why Laura wrote her third book, Now What?, to outline her methodology
● Why Laura’s methodology revolves around coaching more people, observing your process, creating content, and building your reputation through results
● Hear Laura’s take on the “chicken or the egg” question of what comes first–and her personal story of finding widespread success
● How you can stand out as a coach by showing up 100% of the time, getting results, not being shy, and knowing what it is that you do
● How to be clear about your methodology in consultations and pinpoint a result that will occur
Get Laura’s FREE downloadable resources:
Connect with Meg:
Find out more about my mentor coaching program: STaR Coach Show: Mentor