Today’s guest is sharing her perspective on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will learn what we should consider to get it right in the coaching space and show up in partnership with our clients. Join us to learn more!
Deborah Harris is a certified personal and executive coach with an extensive background in leadership development, management, education, and training. Her work is focused in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space, and she is the perfect person to help us learn more. This is a wonderful interview that I’m very excited to share with you.
- How Deborah came into the work she does today
- What coaches should be aware of regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Why it’s important to have a sense of belonging and connection in the coach/client relationship
- How DEI issues for coaches are not the same everywhere else in the world
- What Deborah advises about eliminating unconscious bias
- How to consider your “invisible suitcase” regarding how we judge and categorize others
- How to be reflective, aware, curious, and considerate of other perspectives
- Why coaches should allow the client to set the expectation regarding working with a person of another race/ethnicity
- How listening can be the best tool for coaches to pick up on clients’ cues about DEI
- What’s important for organizations to consider regarding DEI
- Why coaches should educate themselves about DEI in intentional ways
Connect with Meg:
To celebrate our recent 300th episode, I held a FREE Masterclass series, The 6 C’s to Your Coaching Master Plan. You can catch it until August 18 at www.STaRcoachshow.com/register/.
Join the STaR Coach Community: www.STaRcoachshow.com/register/.
To join the Fall Mentor Program with Meg, visit www.starcoachshow.com/mentor.
Visit my website for your FREE download: What I Know Now, That I Wish I Had Known When I First Started Coaching.